Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sketch Scratch Board

The beginning of my next scratch board. I'm putting the fairies on the back burner for a bit to crank out the new stuff. Anyway, totally don't know why I drew this besides that I like nuns, weird shit and I watched a ton of shows on weird apocalyptic religious sects and their architecture and junk today with my dad while doing house work. Apparently Friday the 13th is superstitious because on October 13th, 1307 King Philip ordered the arrest and execution of all the Knights Templar in France... well at least that's one of the superstitions ... my dad wouldn't tell me if that's the reason he is superstitious about it but when does he tell me anything when it comes to that. Whoa tangent. So yeah this is some funky weird nun/priestess who can foresee the future with the infernal eye or something to that effect. So yeah, sketch on the board and away we go.



*EDIT*

Here's some more work I did tonight. My hand is starting to cramp so I think it's time for bed. I really like how it is coming along so far. If I can manage to not screw anything up it could be a really neat piece.



So here's to hopefully quantity and quality!

*EDIT #2*

So apparently my dad is superstitious of the number 13 because he broke his arm on the 13th when he was 13 and several members of our family died on a 13th of a month and some even on Friday the 13th. Weirds! Anyway more progress.

No comments: